On Tuesday night the condition rose to the level of obsession. You may be wondering what happened Tuesday night that was so significant. Well, I'll tell you.
Jimmer scored 47 points against arch rival, Utah, in a 104-79 point victory!

For BYU fans that's excellent on SO MANY LEVELS!
And while, I must admit, that "our" fanatacism for BYU sports might, in most cases be a little one-sided (meaning one side of our marriage is slightly more interested than the other side), in this case its a both sided interest. I have watched the re-play of the BYU/Air Force game more times than Steve has.

Jimmer is about as fun to watch as any college basketball ever will be. He can score from anywhere on the court. He's a team player. He doesn't seem to be driven by ego. He shoots over guys that are 7 feet tall. He goes around guys that weigh 250 pounds. He elevates the game of everyone around him. He's a once in a generation athlete . . . and we don't want to miss it!
Thanks Jimmer! Go Cougars!
2 comments:
Ryan also has a crush on Jimmer. Not a day goes by that I don't hear a few (or 20) articles about the greatness of Jimmer. Hopes are high, I tell ya...
Michelle and I got to watch Jimmer in person as he scored 39 and led the cougars to victory over UNLV for the first time in the Dave Rose era in Las Vegas. The Rebel fans couldn't believe it as he hit shot after shot. He is the most exciting player I have watched at the college level since Danny Ainge and may actually be better than Danny although I don't think he will catch him in the BYU record books. Danny started most, if not every game of his Freshman year while Jimmer didn't start any games as a Freshman. This is our last chance to watch Jimmer play in Cougar blue and he is more than worth the price of admission. I may even buy tickets to the Mountain West tournament for the first time ever.
John
Post a Comment