I do things slowly and deliberately.
I, of course, do not notice this because I have been me since the day I was born. However, I am married to a hare. He does things quickly and efficiently. His focus is to get the job done . . . so he can do "other things". I am happy to have the job to do. The job is the "other things".
I have never been hampered by my slowness . . . at least I haven't thought so. What I am starting to realize is that maybe all of YOU have been hampered by MY slowness. I'm sorry!
I haven't realized before that you have probably all spent too much time patiently waiting for me to get things done.
Why has this come to mind today?
These bags.

As part of a RS project these bags needed to be made. My presidency got together and we each made a bag together and then I brought the rest home to make on my own. The sister who created the project said that it takes about 1 hour to make a bag.
It took me 4 hours.
I know I'm slow. But I didn't know I was that much slower than everyone else. I'm sorry, children, that we have only accomlished a 1/4th of what everyone else has been doing! Maybe I'd better try to speed it up! I've been very content in my slowness.
I think these 4 hour bags turned out almost as cute as the 1 hour bags.
What do you think?
Now that I'm thinking about it . . . I do remember a time when my slowness really got me in trouble. I was about 11 and my softball team had practice one summer morning. After practice our coach, my friends older brother, decided that we all needed to run around the outside of the fence on the baseball field for a little conditioning. We all ran. I finished dead last! I think I was trying. I don't really remember. But, when we got done, the coach told us that whoever finished last would have to run again. So, he sent me running around again . . . with the added incentive of him following me as I ran, kicking me in the seat of my pants every few steps. (Could that happen in this day and age?) I should have learned then.
2 comments:
Wow... sharing the gospel through bag making. I like it.
For what it's worth, I've never been bothered by your slowness, but then again, I didn't grow up with you, only getting 1/4 of the cool stuff other people rushed to. ;)
As one of the "victims" of this slowness, let me just say... it must not be too negative, because I'm the same way! If you only do a 1/4 of the things, but they're really well thought out and nicely done... it's just as good I say!
Post a Comment